Third grade was a fun year for me. My flat top was in full effect, and I discovered girls. That, or girls discovered me ... not sure which came first, but it was definitely a pivotal year. If I recall correctly I liked three girls in my class at the same time.
I was laying on my bed when Mom walked in with a piece of paper.
"Hey Clinton ... who is Amber?"
"MOOOOOOOO-OOOO-OOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!"
Elementary mistake, my friends. Don't throw away your first love note at home. If you do, make sure it's torn to shreds so it's completely indecipherable, or your mama will find it in your trash can.
"I just want to know who is trying to take my baby away from me."
Thanks Mom. I'd tossed it so she wouldn't find it. Now I wish I still had that note. Not completely because I may be a pack-rat by nature and find it difficult to throw away anything with an ounce of meaning, but it was epic. The note even featured the classic "Circle 'Yes' or 'No'" function; almost guaranteed to pull a decision out of the intended target.
It's been a long time since I've received a "Circle 'Yes' or 'No'" letter. Now that I think about it ... that was the only one. Thanks for falling for my flat top, Amber. What a cool keepsake that'd be now!
Fast forward twenty years, and I've used StoryKeeping to create what I believe to be a perfect romantic keepsake.
Check out this link to see how you can capture your love-related stories and create the most thoughtful Valentine's gift your significant other has received to date. You can buy anything, but it's the thought that counts. In this case, I've made it easy for you to collect all your thoughts, quickly, in one place, and allow StoryKeeping to do the grunt work to make you look like a pro. We have until February 10th to get it together.
Email me at info@storykeeping.com or call 210-216-2727 to reserve a time.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment